Chapped lips can be dry, cracked, and painful. They can be caused by a variety of things, including dry weather, licking your lips, and certain medications. They tend to be especially bothersome during the cold winter months. Thankfully, you can prevent them by following a few easy practices.
* Don’t lick your lips. Saliva evaporates quickly and digests the thin membrane protecting the lips, leaving them drier than before you licked them.
* Avoid using lipsticks that can dry out your lips. Some brands may lead to chapped and dry lips, so read the packaging before a purchase.
* Avoid the dry, cold weather that can cause dry lips. Before you go out, coat your lips with a lip balm.
* Moisturize your lips by drinking additional fluids in the winters.
* Try to apply fresh butter on dry lips to make them smooth.