Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
The Cliffs of Moher are Ireland’s largely visited natural magnetism with a miraculous outlook that covers the hearts of up to one million guests every year. Positioning 214m (702 feet) at their utmost point they enlarge for 8 kilometres (5 miles) along the Atlantic coast of County Clare in the Ireland. On a clean day one can view the Aran Islands, Galway Bay, Twelve Pins mountain ranges, the Maumturks and to the north in County Galway, and Loop Head to the south Galway Bay from the Cliffs of Moher. O’Brien’s Tower places near the peak point and has provided as a viewing point for tourists for hundreds of years.
The cliffs take their title from an old castle named Moher that once aroused on Hag’s Head, the southernmost point of the cliffs. The writer Thomas Johnson Westropp demoted to it in 1905 as Moher Uí Ruidhin or Moher Uí Ruis. It was destroyed in 1808 to supply material for another telegraph tower. The current tower near the location of the old Moher Uí Ruidhin was constructed as a lookout tower during the Napoleonic wars.