Fascinating facts about Levi’s jeans!
Levis jeans, which is an iconic brand, has been around since 1873 and are responsible for creating the worlds first pair of blue jeans. They have revolutionized the way people wear jeans around the world. Here are some interesting facts about Levis, which you were hardly aware about!
1. The real name of the founder of Levis jeans was Loeb not Levi Strauss.
2. One out of 10 red Tabs on the back pocket of a pair of Levi’s jeans is a blank red Tab and does not include the name Levi’s.
3. Strauss put a signature ‘V’ shaped stitch on the back pockets to identify his jeans.
4. The first pair of Levi’s cost only $1.25 in 1880. In fact, one of those original pairs actually sold for $46,532.
5. The YKK on the zipper of Levi’s jeans stand for Yoshida Kogyo Kabushibibaish, the world’s largest zipper manufacturer.
6. Bruce Willis actually appeared in the first series of Levi’s 501 Blues commercials around 1986.
7. There are two types of fabrics: Denim and Jean. Denim: is made out of one white thread and one colored thread while Jean is made out of two threads of the same color.
8. It takes about 1 3/4 yards of denim, 213 yards of thread, five buttons and six rivets to make a pair of Levi’s 501 jeans.
9. The famous XX Levi’s jeans were made in 1879 and were stored in a guarded fire-proof safe at the Levi Strauss & Co.Archives. The are now worth over $150,000.
10. The Levi Strauss & Co. headquarters in San Francisco, has 25,500 pairs of jeans in the walls which acts like recycled-denim insulation.