Impress your blind date
While choosing your date outfit, it is mostly like dressing up for any another occasion. You keep the place, the time of the day and weather in mind. You want to be comfortable but appropriately dressed; you will be perceived based on this. What do you want to say about yourself? Decide and dress accordingly. Keep in mind a few simple rules:
- Before everything else, be well groomed. Small details like clean short nails, neat hair and washed socks. This will say a lot about your personal hygiene.
- Make sure everything you wear is washed and well pressed. Well creased clothes are always a pleasant sight.
- Do not be overly casual by showing up in a pair of jeans and t-shirt. Put some effort, this ensures brownie points before you even say hello.
- Do not get too excited about making an impression by wearing something complicated. Keep it simple.
- A nice shirt with a pair of jeans. Or, a pair of well-tailored chinos and a jacket. Simple but smart.
- Accessorize but not with jewelry. Wear jackets, a good pair of watch carry sunglasses if it is a brunch date or an early evening date.
- One important point is, irrespective of what cloths you decide to wear always remember to turn up in shoes. No excuses can be made for open feet sandals. It is a buzz kill.
Credits: Smrithi Rao