Recipe for Afghani Chicken Pulao.
Presenting you the delicious recipe of Afghani Chicken Pulao. Afghani Chicken Pulao is a main course meal of Afghan and can be made in approximately 30 Minutes and is good to serve around 2-4 People.
½ kg chicken
4 -5 pieces garlic
1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
2 onions (chopped)
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
2 -3 green chilies, chopped
1 teaspoon red chili powder
2 tomatoes , (chopped)
2 cups rice
2 tbsp cooking oil
5 cups hot water
½ cup raisins, to decorate
1 carrot grated to decorate
1. Mix chicken, garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, onion, coriander seeds, small cardamoms, salt and water in large pot.
2. Stir well and cook for 30 to 40 minutes on medium heat till the chicken is cooked.
3. Separate the meat from the stock and keep aside.
4. The stock should measure 4 cups. If there is more, boil it down till you get 4 cups. Heat oil in
large pan, fry onions till light golden.
5. Add chicken pieces, chopped tomatoes, green chilies, red chili and cumin seed. Stir well Cook on
medium flame till its turn in light golden.
6. Now add stock/ Cook till the mixture comes to a boil, then add rice. Add stock and cover. Stir
gently to mix all ingredients.
7. Cover with a tight fitting lid. Lower heat and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until rice is tender but yet firm.
8. Place pan on a tava and let cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Assembling the Dish:
Spread rice out on a large plate and top with chicken and potatoes as well as ½ of the liquid remaining.
Next add the cooked vegetables and raisins and finally the caramelized onions. Drizzle with the remaining liquid. Sprinkle some nuts on top if desired.