Sabudana Vada is a very Popular faraal recipe from the Maharashtrian catalog, this can either be delighted as a fast snack or as an entire meal along with curds.
- 1/2 cup sago (sabudana)
- 1 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice, optional
- of sugar, optional
- salt to taste
1 cup fresh curds (dahi) , mixed with 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Clean, wash and soak the sago till all the water is absorbed and the sago swells.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal parts and shape it.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep-fry the vadas on a medium flame till they turn light brown in color from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney and sweet curds.